11) Founded in Bangladesh by Radhyashyam Roy in 1932, along with KK Chatterjee. Identity this emerging insurance group in India.
A) Peerless Insurance
12) X originated in South Africa as the oil of X. Graham Wulff, an ex Unilever chemist from Durban started it in 1949. The name ‘Oil of X‘ was chosen by Wulff as a spin on the word Lanolin as a key ingredient in the item. Which beauty product?
13) The first of its kind was established at Shannon Airport in Ireland by Brendan O’Regan in 1947.
1) The founder of a famous brand said this about what, ‘This is a fresh animal, shy, vivacious, jumping. First it smells you, then it escapes, then it comes back, and you feel like caressing it, playing with it.’?
A) Playboy Bunny by Hugh Hufner
2) Identify the advert of which country to promote tourism?
1) “How pleasant a world would be in which no man was allowed to operate on the Stock Exchange unless he could pass and examination in economics and Greek poetry, and in which politicians were obliged to have a competent knowledge of history and modern novels.” Is the quote by?
A. Bertrand Russell in Praise of Idleness and Other Essays
2) Which is the official magazine of the English football club Manchester United; issues are published every four weeks, resulting in 13 issues per year. The editor is Ian McLeish, who became editor-in-chief for the February 2006 issue, after the title was purchased by the Haymarket Network from Future plc?
3. Some predictions suggest the amount of oil present here could be 200 billion barrels, far more than Kuwait or Abudhabi. Though it is extremely difficult and at the moment, prohibitively expensive to extract oil here but its important to predict what the global economy will look like in 2048, when the protocol banning exploration comes up for renewal. Where?
6. What is common to Suzuki market in Melbourne, Huaxi Street market in Taipei, Sat bazaar in Arpora (Goa), Chiang Mai market in Thailand, Ratchada Bazaar in Bangkok and Yua Tei (Temple Street in Hong Kong)?
A. Night Markets
7. What term is claimed to have originated from an NBC documentary in 1944 due to the phenomenon of children being left home alone becoming common due to and after WW II , when one parent would be enlisted into the armed forces , so the other would have to get a job?
Tata Crucible Corporate 2014 Delhi Prelims and Finals
Q1) Famous rapper behind Bad Boy Entertainment, Blue Flame, and Justin’s restaurants. Who?
A) Puff Daddy (Sean Combs)
Q2) Started his career as a professional lawyer and in 1951 joined All India Radio as a journalist. He edited a famous weekly thereafter. Who?
A) Khushwant Singh
Q3) C. Marks Professor of International Studies and Professor of Economics at Cornell and is currently on Leave. He is a proponent of development economics and is the Chief economist at a place right now. Who?
Q5) Studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at Brasenose College, Oxford, gaining a first-class honours degree. Director of Corp Affairs for 7 years at Carlton Communications. Employed for 3 months as a ship jumper at Jardine Matheson. Resigned from corporate career in 2001 to fight for Parliament. Who?
A) David Cameron
Q6) Founded in 1828 as multinational risk advisor, insurance brokerage and reinsurance group. In 1898, merged with Faber Bros and later in 1928, merged with Duminy and Wylce. The company in 2009 got the naming rights to famous property in the US. Which?