The Brand Equity Quiz 2012 – Kolkata – Prelims
Courtesy: The Champ himself- Rabi Sankar Saha
Kolkata BEQ was won by Rabi Sankar Saha & Bhaskar Datta.
Change of his previous partner sure seems to have done Rabi a great deal of good 🙂
Qs which consist 1 mark each
1. Which of these are not in Tangra, Kolkata? (MCQ & Local Qs)
Ans- Golden Dragon
2. Which watch brand is the Official Olympic Timekeeper since 1932?
3.Wch Indian Politician bought seeds from the Pune-based Pocha Seeds for his Rose Garden during his confinement?
Ans- Jawaharlal Nehru
4. Which term was first used in reference to trades jobs in 1924, in an Alden, Iowa newspaper?
5. _____ Book is published by UN for Climate Change? (FITB)
6. After US Dollar, which is the largest Foreign Reserve currency?
7. Whose capmpaign is the ‘Kentucky Fried Cruelty’?
8. Which ruler started the silver coins named Haidari & Imami (MCQ)?
Ans- Tipu Sultan
9.Which retailer has the highest per square foot sales of $5,600/Square Foot?
10.After which FM’s Budget Speech, Mrs. Gandhi commented ‘India’s shortest finance minister has delivered the longest speech’?
Ans- Pranab Mukherjee
11. The Benelux union in Europe comprisie of three countries, two of them are Netherlands and Luxembourg. Which is the other?
12. What was invented in 1974 in Hungry to play on 3-D Geometry?
Ans- Rubik’s Cube
13. Who’s th presiding deity of all architects?
14. Kakababu series is written by wch writer (Local Qs)?
Ans- Sunil Gangopadhyay
15. This Year, ICICI Bank has introduced which unique facility for the first time?
Ans- PPF Account
16. Which Social Networking Site uses the “fail whale” as error message for the Webpage?
17. Who is the higest Paid Footballer amongst these? (MCQ)
a) Sunil Chhetri
b) Odafa Okolie
c) Ranti Martins
18. Monalisa Guest House, 172A, Sarat Bose Road, Kolkata. Signifies what?
Ans- Kahani of Vidya Balan
19. Which classless train was introduced by Madhu Dandavate in 1978 named after a famous literary work?
Ans- Gitanjali Express
20. can’t recall
21. Logo of Axis Bank
22. Ad of Lux Cozi starring SRK
23. Pic of Tarla Dalal
24. Cadbury Ad Jingle
25. The song ‘Taxman’ by The Beatles from the Album Revolver, Id the Group?
Idea Qs (Qs wch consist 2 marks each)
26. The tax collection of Empreror Akbar got a boost after the appointment of whom as Diwan-I-Ashraf?
Ans- Raja Todar Mal
27.FITB-‘If you reach for the stars, you might not quite get one, but you won’t end up with a handful of mud, either’
said by Leo Burnett (MCQ)
28. Who was been appointed as the Commissioner of Customs in Scotland in 1778?
Ans- Adam Smith
29. FITB- Sumantra Ghosal’s Quote ‘You can’t renew a Company without revitalizing its……’?
30. Who started teachin in Dhaka University in 1926 with the recommendation from Einstein?
Ans- Satyendra Nath Bose