Brand Equity Quiz 2012_ Mumbai Finals
Winners: TCS Priyambad Pattanayak & Pravin Varma | 2nd Edelweiss
1) Which book has characters Raghav – a Journalist, Gopal- Dir Gangatel, Aarti- Ramada hotel
2) Which company changed its HQ to ‘One Hacker’s way’ California
3) This brewery was started by Arthur
4) It has a Spread Eagle as its logo
5) Which Scam sounds like something which has Calcium, mineral….
6) 1920’s founded as International Cellucotton Products
7) Montblanc’s the Limited Edition 3000 dedicated to which movie of Alfred Hitchcock?
8) In Youtube, it is the highest viewed Commencement speech. WHose speech?
9) Bacterium Clostridium botulinum …
10) Olive Bar, Mumbai, Delhi and which other city?
11) Which denomination of currency notes have the Himalayan range on the obverse?
12) Flipkart founders Sachin Bansal & Binny Bansal, previously worked for?
Tie Breaker : In 1982, Pranab Mukherjee succeeded which would be President then, to become the finance minister
1) Chetan Bhagat’s Revolution 20/20
8) Steve Jobs
11) Rs. 100
Teams on stage: TCS (winners), Edelweiss (2nd), Maersk, Tata Capital, JWT, Goldfish
Round 1: Frame a qns
1) It was started to stop Cholera in Victorian England.
2) A recent Cosmopolitan survey- Women prefers it more than sex
3) First record of it being mentioned in “Heer Ranjha”, a Punjabi poem written by Waris Shah in 1766
4) Dell Streak was the first?
5) Radhe, RadhaRani, Balarama, GangaCafe
6) Only Qatar airways provide theses for long flights
Ans: Round 1
3) Basmati rice
4) Phablet (Phone + Tablet)
5) Iskcon restaurants
6) Night suits
1) His contract with the Monarch of Spain said that he could keep 10 percent of whatever riches he found, along with a noble title and the governorship
of any lands he should encounter.
2) One of the founder’s used the company’s expertise in pumps to develop a submersible bathtub pump for his son, Kenneth, who had developed rheumatoid arthritis.
He realized that their agricultural water pumps could be adapted to give his son soothing whirlpool treatments in the tub at home.
3) Why was Coca Cola not available in India from 1977 till 1993
4) Arthashastra- Rainy season…Entertainers and which oher group were banned – to prevent the agriculture being impacted
5) Richard Branson mentions that his business ideasof different businesses can be termed as ABCD. What is ABCD ? ( ALways Be….)
6) Google doodle- This Actor/director featured in the video
Ans: Round 2
3) The new govt wanted the company to share its secret formula 7x
5) Always Be Connected Dots
6) Google doodle of Charlie Chaplin
(BTW, what about the John Lennon doodle? nevermind)
2) Which Movie?
4) What is the outfit called?
Ans: Round 3
3) Big Boss
5) Nargisi Kofta
6) Mao Suit
1) Only living person to feature in the Amar Chitra Katha?
2) Broadway… Evita…
3) Author John Haggai..said about him ‘He did write crappy ads too’. Who?
4) What is Textonym?
5) It was the first subject taught as a correspondence course.
Hint: Corporate skill
6) Asian City…Fishing settlement..Sindhi fisherwoman Mai Koalchi
Ans: Round 4
1) Narayan Murthy
2) Ricky Martin
3) Salman Rushdie
4) A textonym is a word which becomes ambiguous when using predictive text due to having the same button combination as other unrelated words. Book= Cool
1) Video: What is being manufactured?
2) Song : “rich Girl”. Singer?
3) Video: From movie ‘Catch me If you can’
4) Audio: Yuvraj Singh. Which company?
5) Video: Vandana Luthra of VLCC
6) Audio: Song Mujhe kya bechega rupaiya- Satyameva Jayate. Singer?
Ans: Round 5
1) Credit Card
2) Justin Bieber
3) ‘Catch me If you can’
4) Birla SunLife
5) Vandana Luthra of VLCC
6) Sona Mohapatra
6th Round: Cell phones provided to search for answer
1) Radhe, O fish, 90 days, 63 cameras
2) Bisleri is named after?
3) J P Getty’s quote: __________ is like Manure. It Stinks
4) BSKYB took it to court three years ago over the use of the word ‘Sky’
5) After USA, this country is the largest contributor to UN in dollar terms
6) National Old Age Pension scheme named after which PM?
Ans: Round 6
1) Big Boss
2) Person. part of Founder’s name
6) Indira Gandhi
Round 7- Only for the Top 2 Teams
1) The last, 32-volume print version, published in 2010, weighs 129 pounds and sold for $1,395. What?
2) 2006 Padmashri awardee ‘Ayurveda to the west’
Ans: Round 7
1) Encyclopedia Brittanica. (TCS team which was leading at this stage, answered it as Brittania Encyclopedia, a minor lapse and were not awarded the points, hence
scored a negative)
2) Shahnaz Hussain (TCS answered it and won the quiz)