National Finals_The Brand Equity Quiz 2012
Teams: TCS Chennai
Savoir Faire Pune/Goa
1) This product derives its name form the French word for ‘Linen’. Name it.
2) Who is an Optionaire?
3) The Idea came to Ram Chandra Sharma, an illiterate craftsman, while he was riding a bicycle and had a flat tire.
4) Who are Modelizers?
5) King Charles leased it to East India company for a yearly rent of 10 pounds in 1668.
6) When asked about great Indian brand symbols, Al Ries said the Taj Mahal and which other brand had far reaching global perception?
7) US Company had the slogan ‘Worldwise’.
8) Sheerlon… toughest material..
2) Millionaire through stock options
3) Jaipur Foot
4) Professionals who dates Models
6) Darjeeling tea
7) Lehman Brothers
1) Who are Dualists in the context of Cola drinkers?
2) What is the origin of the term Supari killer
3) What is Glass Cliff
4) It is estimated that the US patent office alone has issued over 200 copyrights of it… 3 billion dollar
5) As per AL Ries the objective of a branding program is to take a word and create a “secondary meaning” for that word. Explain by an example.
6) Seven villages in Kashmir—Charsoo, Hallmullaha, Bijbehara, Sangam, Sethar, Pujteng and Mirzapor. They form which industry?
7) What is Toilegami
8) It was created by French designer Ted Lapidus. Its popularity took off in the 1970s after Reliance Industries set up synthetic fiber plants in India. What?
1) Who drink both diet and regular cola
2) Its origin can be traced back to the age of chivalry in medieval India when the sovereign dared the bravest of the brave to volunteer to undertake a suicide mission. A platter full of paan ki gilori was passed around, and whoever picked one up first was assigned the self-sacrificial task
3) women are promoted to positions that are precarious and thus have a higher risk of failure
5) The primary meaning of the word dove is “a bird of the pigeon family.” Unilever created a secondary meaning for its brand name Dove, a moisturizing soap
6) Cricket bats industry
7) Toilet paper Origami
8) Safari Suits
1) Who is a Reluctant Landlord
2) Henry Ford exported Model T to England. The Wooden crates that were used to ship the goods were used by him for what purpose?
3) What are missionwares
4) Who is a ‘Zero Drag’ employee?
5) As per Milton Friedman It is a Taxation without Legislation
6) What is Adcreep?
7) Who is ‘Raj’ in the YashRaj Films?
8) What is Returnment?
1) Someone who is unable to sell his property due to Bad Market etc. and ends up giving it for rent
2) Used it within the body of the car as Board etc- to climb and such … Thought Charcoal was a neat answer http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z13236/Ford-Model-T.aspx
3) Cups/Mugs, T-shirts with Mission statements of a company
4) An employee who has fewer personal responsibilities and so can work long hours, travel frequently, or be called in to work at short notice
6) The gradual expansion of advertising space to non-traditional surfaces such as floors, bathroom walls, cars, and the sides of buildings.
7) Rajesh Khanna
8) The practice of resuming work at a place of employment from which one has retired
3) Stamp of?
4) Which movie?
5) Which brand?
7) What has been blanked out?
1) Zeenat Aman | Air India
3) Boot Polish
4) LaxmanRao Kirloskar
5) Famous Grouse
6) Walt Disney
8) DHL Founders
3) Movie Clipping
4) Who is he? Ad for Lanvin chocolate
1) Adriana Lima
2) Steven Levitt of Freakonomics fame
4) Salvador Dali
Most engaging brand on FB? Shadi.com
1) London 2012 Olympics. Most no. of Tickets/requests to watch
2) What is a Command economy?
3) an edible soft fruit, consisting of a cluster of soft purple-black drupelets.
4) Mobile Tariffs are 2nd lowest in the world in which country neighbouring India?
5) Jhumka Gira re…
6) Home of 7 ….city
1) Usain Bolt
2) Central Planning
5) Bareli ke Bazaar main
6) Las Vegas
Last 3 Questions between B’lore & Chennai
1) Oakley Ticker symbol – represents a pair of sunglasses
2) What is referred to as the Giant Shield/Golden Shield of Asia
3) “Every year Americans junk $80 million worth of gold, silver, copper, plutonium and palladium in what form?”
2) Chinese Internet firewall
3) B’lore Buzzed and got it wrong. With this TCS Chennai (JK & DeviPrasad) won the National Finals