1) The founder of a famous brand said this about what, ‘This is a fresh animal, shy, vivacious, jumping. First it smells you, then it escapes, then it comes back, and you feel like caressing it, playing with it.’?
A) Playboy Bunny by Hugh Hufner
2) Identify the advert of which country to promote tourism?
5. [Bronze] He is claimed to have developed the first practical fountain pen, Ornoto in 1881, and is now in an altogether different line of work. Who?
A. De La Rue
6. [Bronze] Vodafone in 2009 received the first PETA India Glitter Box Award. Why?
A. For using the ‘ZooZoo’ creatives and stopping the use of the pug dog (seen in the Hutch ads).
7. [Bronze] In 1813 was one of the first recorded descriptions of sailors’ uniforms by Commodore Stephen Decatur. What specific item?
A. Bell bottoms
Q1) Charles Revson of Revlon found inspiration into the idea of segmentation of markets through the practices of an automobile giant. Which enterprise?
A) General Motors
Q2) FITB: Hutber’s law states that _____________ means deterioration. Continuous _____ means.
Q3) Patricia Campbell, grand daughter of a newspaper magnate?
A)William Randolph Hearst
For more prelims, click here.
For finals, click here.
1. For this post,/- is deposited with RBI. Rs. 1.5lacs is the salary but $3.8 million is spent per annum for this post. T.N. Seshan & P.A. Sangma failed. Which post?
A. President of India.
2. Co-branded products with Ferrari; Name is the latin word which means acute, sharp, able & facile. Which company?
For the rest of the prelims, click here.
5. Dennis Gabor invented something in 1940s which was widely relevant in India last year.
6. HMS Birkenhead capsized in 1852, this has led to a protocol which is still is followed all over the world.
Allowing the women and children to board the life boats first.
7. She is Rebecca Webb Carranza, someone who invented/popularized something that is liked by all. What?
A. Tortilla Chips
For the rest of the finals, click here.
Tata Crucible 2014 Corporate Coimbatore Prelims and Finals
For prelims: Click here
3. Some predictions suggest the amount of oil present here could be 200 billion barrels, far more than Kuwait or Abudhabi. Though it is extremely difficult and at the moment, prohibitively expensive to extract oil here but its important to predict what the global economy will look like in 2048, when the protocol banning exploration comes up for renewal. Where?
For finals, click here.
6. What is common to Suzuki market in Melbourne, Huaxi Street market in Taipei, Sat bazaar in Arpora (Goa), Chiang Mai market in Thailand, Ratchada Bazaar in Bangkok and Yua Tei (Temple Street in Hong Kong)?
A. Night Markets
7. What term is claimed to have originated from an NBC documentary in 1944 due to the phenomenon of children being left home alone becoming common due to and after WW II , when one parent would be enlisted into the armed forces , so the other would have to get a job?
A. Latchkey Kids
Tata Crucible Corporate 2014 Delhi Prelims and Finals
Q1) Famous rapper behind Bad Boy Entertainment, Blue Flame, and Justin’s restaurants. Who?
A) Puff Daddy (Sean Combs)
Q2) Started his career as a professional lawyer and in 1951 joined All India Radio as a journalist. He edited a famous weekly thereafter. Who?
A) Khushwant Singh
Q3) C. Marks Professor of International Studies and Professor of Economics at Cornell and is currently on Leave. He is a proponent of development economics and is the Chief economist at a place right now. Who?
For the rest of the Prelims, click here.
Q2) Who is the Bollywood actress behind the “Dark is Beautiful” campaign?
A) Nandita Das
Q3 ) Which Indian company bought a 26% stake into Indonesian coal miner Baramulti?
A) Tata Power
Q4) Liberty Teller is a start-up associated with?
A) Bitcoin ATM
For the rest of the Finals questions, click here.
Q5) Studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at Brasenose College, Oxford, gaining a first-class honours degree. Director of Corp Affairs for 7 years at Carlton Communications. Employed for 3 months as a ship jumper at Jardine Matheson. Resigned from corporate career in 2001 to fight for Parliament. Who?
A) David Cameron
Q6) Founded in 1828 as multinational risk advisor, insurance brokerage and reinsurance group. In 1898, merged with Faber Bros and later in 1928, merged with Duminy and Wylce. The company in 2009 got the naming rights to famous property in the US. Which?
A) Willis Towers
For more, click here.
TATA Crucible Corporate Quiz 2013 Chennai Finals (TATA Track)
Via Madanish Kanna
TATA TRACK FINALS
- Symbol for a brand.. – called omni – etc etc – KAPPA
- Highly caffeinated – citrus taste – coke – march 1979.. competition to mt dew. à MELLOW YELLOW
- Film co owned by disney. .—etc – MIRAMAX
- Internet magazine – unique list – franchise 500 – the entrepreneur
- What change did BJP change in the budget from british raj – timing of the budget
- VIRGIN airline – remembrance of steve jobs.. blanked out what – STAY HUNGRY STAY FOOLISH
- Ancient characters named yahoo – pic
- J Mehta – pic.. ID
- Print ad.. – NIVEA – CIVILIZE YOURSELF
- Roney jesus print ad – nike
- Pic – jeff taylor – monster.com
- TCS – CBFL – adult literacy
- AGRICO – from TATA STEEL
- Hotel used same as SANOI – TAJ kunnur
- Quite supplier of crockery to rastrapathi bhavan – tata ceramics
- Irene Rosenfeld – Kraft
- Fist full of rice – vikram akula
- ChineseYuan bond – DIMSUM
- Thanda matlab cocola – Prasoon Joshi
- Delivering lifestyle – rocket entertainment – jabong
- Worked for CIA & NASA –Snowden
- Willaim Rosenberg – Dunkin donuts
Tata Crucible Corporate Quiz 2013 Chennai Finals (External Track)
Via Madanish Kanna
1. Ted turner during one of his famous speeches – mentioned that “there would be 2 things in the future that would make all happy”. ID the things
Mobile phones & aeroplanes
2. Greece govt- ancient – during wars – inorder to lower the expenditure, what specific idea did they follow – origin of BYOD – Bring your own device
3. Who runs/owns the hotel chain called LAYA, sister entity of SOBER Islands.. ?
4. Bandev mittal – 1961.. started sweet shop, also a BAJAJ dealer.. what is he famous for now?
Lovely professional univ, Punjab
5. WANALO – social site for online shopping…funda on name?
Want Need Love..
6. What is Nokia Life tools used for?
FARMER SMS tool
- Child hold pic of Kiran Mazumdar shaw – ID
- Pic of an auto like tuk tuk.. whats so special of it?? Its official vehicle for ITALIAN PRESIDENT
- Queen of time – London, id location – Self ridges
- Logo of ZAIN telecom
- Six flags.. theme park.. n USA.. explain funda on name? its in texas and texas was under six diff govts previously
- Polska 1000 currency note – Copper nicus
- Indian hotels – INDI
- Titan watch named after a word.. – Japanese..- Tycoon
- Flavoritz.. what product..- tata salt
- Tata LOG.. funda
- Steve jobs + TOPCOM à GLADWELL
- FREE PRESS India + PREMIER padmini car + a logo à walchand hirachand
- Apprecentice + mid summers night dreamà play boy mansion
- Hamilton, prat & witne, wind power-UNITED TECH
- SCALP care, hand book- HEAD & SHOULDERS
- Founders name of BLUE STAR.. given..
Tata Crucible Corporate Quiz 2013 Navi Mumbai Finals
Via Viraj Morabia
Final round Questions (it’s not framed)
1.Hugh Hefner..500$-Marilyn Monroe
2.Dented 5 in Mobile phones-Concept introduced for blind People
3.Silver shortage led to-currency notes
4.A club sandwich in Thailand- Body Massage
9.Satish Babu -Emi on phone
10.Taj Vivanta …call new employees Viva (Girls) & Aviv (Boys)