Corporation Bank History:
Corporation Bank came into being as Canara Banking Corporation (Udipi) Limited, on 12th March, 1906, in the temple town of Udupi, by the pioneering efforts of a group of visionaries lead by Khan Bahadur Haji Abdullah Haji Kasim Saheb Bahadur. They were committed to fulfill the long felt banking needs of the people and also to inculcate the habit of savings, provided the much-needed impetus to founding a financial institution that would bring about prosperity to the society. The Bank was the first to be established in South Canara with Udupi as its base. During this period, well known merchants, brokers and commission agents were Muslims and Abdullah was a respected representative of this community possessing keen insite and a lot of financial clout. The bank was nationalized in 1980.
Logo: The Bank’s motto “Sarve Janah Sukhino Bhavanthu” in Sanskrit, which means “Prosperity for All” is well-professed by the Bank in its day-to-day operations. The Bank’s logo has various components, namely Kamadhenu (denoting wish-fulfillment), Kalpatharu (eternity), Balance (justice for all), Wheel (industrial progress) and Wheat Grains (agricultural prosperity) which stand for universal prosperity and as a wish-fulfilling credo.